- AA1 Advisory Area for Substations Concepts and Developments
- CAG Customer Advisory Group
- JWG B3/B1.27 Factors for invesment decision GIL vs. Cables for AC Transmission
- JWG B3/C1/C2.14 Circuit Configuration Optimisation
- Reference Book
- SAG Strategic Advisory Group
- SC B3 meeting
- TAG Tutorial Advisory Group
- WG B3.13 Reducing replacement time of HV Equipment
- WG B3.23 Guidelines for uprating and upgrading of substations
- WG B3.24 Benefits of PD diagnosis on GIS condition assessment
- WG B3.29 Field Tests Technology on UHV substation during construction and operation
- WG B3.30 Guide to minimize the use of SF6 during routine testing of electrical equipment
- WG B3.31 Air Insulated Substations design for Severe Climate Condition
- WG B3.32 - Saving through Optimized Maintenance of Air Insulated Substations
- WG B3.34 Expected impact of future grid concept on substation management
- WG B3.35 Substation earthing system design optimisation through the application of quantified risk analysis
- WG B3.36 Special considerations for AC collector systems and substations associated with HVDC connected wind powers plants
- WG B3.37 Internal arc effects in Medium Voltage switchgear (1-52kV)-mitigation techniques
- WG B3.38 Management of risk in Substations
- WG B3.39 Impact of NCIT applications on HV Gas Insulated Switchgear
- WG B3.40 - SF6 Gas Measurement Guide
- WG B3.41 Mobile Substations incorporating HV GIS
- WG B3.42 Reliability analysis and design guidelines for LV AC/DC Auxiliary Systems
- WG B3.43 Low cost substation solutions for Sub-Saharan Africa
WG B3.32 - Saving through Optimized Maintenance of Air Insulated Substations
Utilities and Asset Owners throughout the world are faced with higher requirements for reliability of power delivery and with ageing assets that require increasing maintenance and capital expenditure.
The objective of this Working Group is to review the concepts of sustainment in particular for AIS, applicability to various types of equipment and juridictions, methodology of testing, Refurbish versus replacement decisions and optimization of maintenance.
The scope of this Working Group is :
- To review operating and maintenance methodologies for AIS.
- To give guidelines for uniform maintenance standards for various substation equipment.
- To review Guidelines for Refurbish-versus-Replace decisions for AIS.
- To collect experiences from Utilities.
WG B3.32 should propose an interim report and finalize its deliverables in 2014 : An ELECTRA article and a Technical Brochure.